For the first decade of my speaking career I am certain I had no clue what it was we did well that caused clients to hire us for their keynote speeches, breakout sessions and training programs. We just went and did whatever opportunities presented themselves for whoever needed our services. Then there came a time where we were doing 120 to 150 paid speaking engagements a year and something had to give or I am quite certain my health would have suffered significantly.
When that time came we chose to take a hard look at who we were as an organization, what it was we did that was at a world class level, what client base we were able to serve best and where our passions aligned with the work we had been doing for those 10 years or so. Our business model became a mixture of keynote speaking (including breakout sessions), training programs and our consulting services. A few years later, we added executive level coaching to that mix. We feel passionate about, gifted to deliver and a higher calling to each of these four parts of our business today. To learn more specifically about what we do and who we do it for – Click Here!
Following are the Top 10 Reasons (not in any particular order) our clients have told us they hired us and have continued to hire us through the years. It is our commitment to continue to deliver these, and more, at a world class level!
The Top 10 Reasons Clients Hire Jim Jacobus, CSP
- Jim Delivered The Results We Wanted – for a change it wasn’t about the speaker! It was all about what our valued outcomes were and about our desired results. And, Jim is the only speaker we have ever had, and we hire a ton of them, who had a plan and a process in place to drive the learning that took place at our meeting out into the future. He did a voice recording over his PPT presentation and sent it to us to distribute to our people so they could hear the message again. He did a follow-up webinar for us as a part of his fee and he added our people, as a part of his fee, to his OTTG webinar series for 6 months. That is what we call adding value! Click Here To read about what every client receives for Jim’s fee that goes way beyond the speaking engagement.
- Jim Connected With Our People – it is so refreshing to have a speaker that speaks “with” his audience. No doubt he was an authority on the subject matter but he didn’t talk at our people like he was above them or beyond where they were at … and they loved him for it!
- Jim Did His Homework – he told us he wanted to prepare in advance and customize his program so that our people would know that what he was telling them was real and that it would work in their lives immediately. I encourage you to check out Jim’s “How We Guarantee YOUR Results” documentation. It is what sold us on him and he delivered! Click Here to read more about your “guaranteed results”!
- Jim Was Authentic – he has a real world “been there, done that, still working on it” attitude that our people loved. He wasn’t some perfect superstar, who had climbed Mt Everest, swam the English Channel, won some reality show or something else they would probably never be able to do. No, he was just like us, and the things he spoke about were things we felt like we could do to … and we did!
- Jim’s Depth of Knowledge Was Obvious – there are people who “know their stuff” and then their are people who have read it out of a book somewhere. We had a Q&A session at the end of Jim’s “Order Taker To Gladiator” presentation and there are two things I was blown away by: 1) His depth of knowledge on the subject matter was ocean deep and mountain high. There wasn’t a single question, and some were tough, that he didn’t have a rock solid answer for! And 2) How he answered the question showed complete respect for the question itself and honored the person who asked it. His grace and confidence under fire was impressive. To read more about some of Jim’s experiences that create that depth Click Here!
- Jim Was Inspiring – some speakers move their audiences to action by the passion and energy with which they present their materials while others move their audiences by the power of the principles they share. Jim has that rare combination of having both. His enthusiasm from the stage was infectious and the clarity of the principles and strategies he taught us were undeniable!
- Jim’s Content Educated Us – yes, he knows what he is talking about and yes, his principles and strategies are as sound as it gets but he went beyond that by giving us “to-do’s” that we could implement immediately. I am still writing down my “10 Things I Am Thankful For” every morning months later and it has revolutionized my attitude! Thanks Jim!
- Jim Was Downright Funny & Entertaining – not comedy club, joke telling funny but the kind of entertainment that comes from being able to observe the humor in every day life. He made us laugh, cry and cheer out loud … that is what I call entertainment!
- Jim Was No “Prima Donna” – we have had our share of those who wanted all of this ridiculous special treatment so they could be at their best. We had a problem with the room set up the morning of his program and instead of pitching a hissie fit he jumped in and helped rearrange the chairs and then later I saw him helping hand out the programs for the morning. The A/V guys said he was the most professional and personally enjoyable speaker they had ever worked with. That’s a breath of fresh air!
- Jim And His Staff Take Care of Every Detail – clearly he and his team having been doing this for a while. Every detail was taken, we were kept abreast of every action that was taken. The billing was exactly what he said it would be, Their professionalism built trust and added value to our experience with him at every turn. Talk about easy to work with!
- Bonus Reason #11 – Jim Jacobus is a CSP, or Certified Speaking Professional, which is the highest earned designation in the speaking industry. With tens of thousands of speakers worldwide less than 5% have done the work necessary to have earned that designation!